Friday, 9 March 2012

21st Century.

When I open my laptop, the first thing I do is open Facebook. The second thing that I do is open Twitter. Then I write a few emails and then I go back to Facebook. Meanwhile, I am checking my phone constantly whilst sitting in a room with my door shut and blaring music.


What ever happened to life?

What ever happened to actually going to visit people and letter writing?

What ever happened to living?

It is so sad that in this day and age, people and society are so obsessed with getting the latest gadgets, new iphones, macs etc so that they can talk to people who probably only live just down the road.

Yes, I do understand that in some cases, technology is a gift. My parents live thousands of miles away and I am so grateful everyday that I can see their faces on Skype and I am able to send a text which will reach them instantly. However, the human race, me included, are so involved with technology that they fail to live. They fail to go outside and hear the birds and feel the wind on their cheeks.

What ever happened to board games? Snakes and Ladders and Mousetrap used to be the highlight of my day. It brought everybody together and never failed to put a smile on my face.

Dinner time? Families now, sit around the tv whilst they eat their food. What ever happened to talking?

It's sad. It's only going to get worse.

Many people in the world do not have the money to buy things such as phones and computers. However, they are happy. They interact with one another, they use their imagination and play games, they make things, they observe and they laugh.

What ever happened to that?


No comments:

Post a Comment